Meet Ken Wilson ~ Equine/Landscape Artist

I think of my work as a dichotomy of dynamic, contrasting styles. The heart-pounding power, athleticism and grace captured in my thoroughbreds compliments the sedate, peaceful and sublime feelings evoked by my landscapes.
A client recently gave the ultimate compliment: She stated that she could almost hear the bits rattling in the horses' mouths and their hooves thundering toward the finish line. My Mission: Accomplished. Another aspect of my personality that comes to fore in my work is my meticulous attention to detail. I strive to achieve near-perfect in the delicate waltz between movement, light and shadow. Notice the fluidity through many transitions, from the darkest to the lightest highlights in all of my work. This is achieved by completing a monochrome under painting, which maps out where the gradations of shadow and light are to appear. I work then from dark-to-light, refining subtleties along the way to the finished piece.
I have always been fascinated and influenced by the works of the Old Masters, as well as the landscape artists of the Hudson River School. I think that is evident in my work.

I strive for my work to captivate, inspire and awe, creating an indelible emotional impression upon the viewer.

"Ken Wilson's paintings are strong representations of racetrack equine art. Ken has a talent in reproducing the structure and character of the horses he paints. I, in particular am drawn to the gentleness with which he treats his landscapes. The impressionists quality of his brush strokes capture the essence of the areas in which he paints, rural settings." Bev Saunders (Gallery Owner)


  ...Coming in September... 

"The Dramatic Still Life"
Paintings in Oil by Pat Traver


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring in the New Year 2024

Welcome the New Year...2023!

"A Career in Portraits" Artist, Ron Peer